There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Relationship Specialist

Current Employee - Senior Financial Foundation Specialist in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Senior Financial Foundation Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great medical and retirement benefits. Also get Christmas bonus and in February another bonus. Last year we got 18.8% of our salary.

Cons

10 hour shifts can be way too long on the phones. Make no mistake, this is absolutely a call center. So be prepared for back to back calls some day. Don't get me wrong, I love it here but you have to really work hard to be EE and noticed. When you do this then you can move around within the company. My advise, always challenge yourself to do your best then get the heck out of policy services after a year or two. I've been at 3 different departments in less than 3 years at USAA. I do this so Im continuously challenged.

Listen to your employees and empower them to be great and help promote. Always be honest and let them know constantly and consistently how they are doing..show them their numbers.

813 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Family oriented

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Low cost of living area (San Antonio), slightly below average salaries (but fine for the area), GREAT benefits, super nice work environment. Good place for family oriented folks looking for work/life balance, but not looking to make millions.

Cons

If you're an upper management type, then you will surely be underpaid at this place. That said, San Antonio is a great place to raise a family.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Misleading crock of you know what

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The facility looks nice.... (crickets)
    And the facility looks nice with covered parking... (still thinking)
    Umm... I loved my co-workers (for the most part)
    Yep... That's about it.

Cons

So, are you ready?

They lie to new hires about EVERYTHING - yes EVERYTHING. "No, it's not sales, it's helping the member when they mention a need.", turmed into, "If you don't lie to them and get that sale, I may have to fire you.".

FMLA, oh dear FMLA. I kid you not, 80% of people that were there long enough to apply for FMLA were on it. I even considered it once I started crying uncontrollably like an anxiety strickened mess when my weekend ended. Who does that?

And yes, good ol' politics. Luckily, I am very good at these, but for my friends who weren't, well they were escorted out of the building if you know what I mean. You better not disagree with the company views verbally, keep it in your head. Either your manager will slowly fire you or someone trying to save their own *** will report it. A lot of people cheat their results and make sure they report anything that will make them look loyal to the company to keep the focus off of their lies and betrayals. I know it sounds like a work place soap opera, because it is. In less than a year, 7 people on my team more or less tenured were fired. YIKES right? Now you know why everyone is on FMLA. If you're not there you can't be fired;). By the way, only 2 people out of the 16 that were hired with me are there. What does that say?

In a nutshell, DON'T DO IT if you know what's good for you. I would rather be unemployed.

You all know you hate it too. I have had a few express their outlook on the company (oddly the same as my view). Ease up on the people that pay your salary (the little people). Upper upper management, well you all need a good replacing.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA