There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Family oriented

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Low cost of living area (San Antonio), slightly below average salaries (but fine for the area), GREAT benefits, super nice work environment. Good place for family oriented folks looking for work/life balance, but not looking to make millions.

Cons

If you're an upper management type, then you will surely be underpaid at this place. That said, San Antonio is a great place to raise a family.

Keep doing what you're doing.

794 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Misleading crock of you know what

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The facility looks nice.... (crickets)
    And the facility looks nice with covered parking... (still thinking)
    Umm... I loved my co-workers (for the most part)
    Yep... That's about it.

Cons

So, are you ready?

They lie to new hires about EVERYTHING - yes EVERYTHING. "No, it's not sales, it's helping the member when they mention a need.", turmed into, "If you don't lie to them and get that sale, I may have to fire you.".

FMLA, oh dear FMLA. I kid you not, 80% of people that were there long enough to apply for FMLA were on it. I even considered it once I started crying uncontrollably like an anxiety strickened mess when my weekend ended. Who does that?

And yes, good ol' politics. Luckily, I am very good at these, but for my friends who weren't, well they were escorted out of the building if you know what I mean. You better not disagree with the company views verbally, keep it in your head. Either your manager will slowly fire you or someone trying to save their own *** will report it. A lot of people cheat their results and make sure they report anything that will make them look loyal to the company to keep the focus off of their lies and betrayals. I know it sounds like a work place soap opera, because it is. In less than a year, 7 people on my team more or less tenured were fired. YIKES right? Now you know why everyone is on FMLA. If you're not there you can't be fired;). By the way, only 2 people out of the 16 that were hired with me are there. What does that say?

In a nutshell, DON'T DO IT if you know what's good for you. I would rather be unemployed.

You all know you hate it too. I have had a few express their outlook on the company (oddly the same as my view). Ease up on the people that pay your salary (the little people). Upper upper management, well you all need a good replacing.

Good benefits...that's about it

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Benefits...great annual bonus and 401k match

Cons

Where to start? Only accept a position in this company if it is a NON-phone related job(i.e. manager, support staff, etc.) If anyone is wondering where the senior management that caused Bank of America to need a bailout went...please see USAA's employee directory. This was once a company that truly cared about it's members, however it's just a run-of-the-mill financial services company at this point that does whatever necessary to make a dollar. I've never worked for a company where so many employees are so desperately looking for just about any other job they can get.

Stop spending so much time worrying about how to manipulate the numbers and actually take a look at what is happening in this company.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!