USAA
www.usaa.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

USAA - One of the BEST!

Technical Writer (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent company and a wonderful environment to work. As a contactor for USAA (for 7 years) in the IT department -- I was treated with respect and came to consider the company as family. Joe Robles is an excellent CEO. Great IT experience with many professional people.

ConsAs a contractor you are not eligible for the yearly bonus. When changing a contracting company you are required to layoff for six months before returning to USAA.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!

Love the company, the direction, hate the managers who throw people under the bus to saves them self

Financial Foundations Specialist (Current Employee)
Killeen, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros: AMAZING benefits, great campus, believe in the values, flexable in time, great… Cons: They will throw you under the bus if needed to save someone else. I was there for 2 years, never any issues and the day… Advice to Senior Management: Start taking care of the employees who are die heart to the company and TRUST they are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not exactly what it seems....

Financial Foundations Senior Specialist (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay is decent, Benefits are Great, generous with paid time… Cons: Pay is just high enough to make you not want to look elsewhere, and the culture makes you feel as if you are not able… Advice to Senior Management: Let individuals be them selves. The one size fits all,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on USAA.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USAA CEO Joe Robles Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by USAA employees.