There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Really Awesome Company!

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome IT managers that treat everyone equal!

Cons

As a contractor, you dont get the benefits as a FTE

Maybe involve more contractors in get together and outings.

816 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

USAA - One of the BEST!

Former Employee - Technical Writer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company and a wonderful environment to work. As a contactor for USAA (for 7 years) in the IT department -- I was treated with respect and came to consider the company as family. Joe Robles is an excellent CEO. Great IT experience with many professional people.

Cons

As a contractor you are not eligible for the yearly bonus. When changing a contracting company you are required to layoff for six months before returning to USAA.

Keep up the good work!!!

Love the company, the direction, hate the managers who throw people under the bus to saves them self

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Killeen, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AMAZING benefits, great campus, believe in the values, flexable in time, great core values, great CEO, awesome bonuses, they will make sure you are comfortable

Cons

They will throw you under the bus if needed to save someone else. I was there for 2 years, never any issues and the day I moved roles to a FC, since I did not do dinners with them and become what they wanted, they found some outrageous reason to get rid of me when I went to the management staff about being seperated off and the way I was being treated. Before I could goto ER or HR, I was fired for some report that was created out of thin air claiming I did something wrong. When I asked to prove it, nothing could really be shown except for, "O this report here proves it" and the manager could not even explain where it came from. -.- anyways, yeah, keep to yoru self and head down from certain people.

Start taking care of the employees who are die heart to the company and TRUST they are doing the right things. Do not allow people who fear their jobs to allow them to fire/hire people.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA