USAA

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Best Place to Work in IT

Current Employee - IT Intern in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - IT Intern in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They are understanding, nice, and they compare you to see how well you improve your skills, verse how well you do compared to everyone around you. It's a really great company to work for, and the IT intern program is one of the best in the nation! They are flexible with work dates, give the interns
really important work on their projects, and have a lot of fun activities for the students!
Furthermore, this company hires a LOT of vets & they encourage and live by the motto "do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do"! It's incredible!

Cons

Interns tend to have difficulty arranging rides to and from work because many of them fly into Texas (because they are from all over the nation). But rumor has it that they are working on fixing this issue for future interns! Besides this, I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this company!

Keep doing what you are doing! You are doing an excellent job!
(But possibly increase the new hire pay rates to be more competitive in the international IT world...)

857 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Great company that lives its mission each day. Really cares about its customers and employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid benefits and nice bonuses.

Cons

Promotes from within but could still stand to do a lot more to maximize the talents of internal employees. Since USAA has a great tuition assistance program many USAA employees go on to obtain advanced degrees. Unfortunately, you will tend to see lots of employees with multiple advanced degrees doing jobs that they are severely overqualified for. For example, employees with a MBA and MS degree being stuck with simple customer service jobs.

Left USAA because I could not obtain the position I wanted after earning a MBA in Project Management and a MS in Organizational Leadership in less than three years. Currently pursuing a ME in Engineering Management with a Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Will go on to a doctorate degree when I am done with my ME degree in a few years.

One of the best companies to work for in the country

Former Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, great pay and benefits, tremendous opportunity to grow - one of the best insurance marketing groups anywhere

Cons

very few cons... parking. Unless you are an executive, then you get your own space. Parking is the only con!

USAA does it right. Dont look elsewhere - stay with USAA