There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Job can be Difficut, but the Company supports its employees!

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Financial Foundations Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at USAA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that took such time to thank its employees as much as USAA did. They truly appreciated my military background and there are many ways to succeed with them if you are willing to work your way up. The only reason I left was because I had to move to a different state where USAA didn't have a location.

Cons

It is a call center job so you will have those calls in which people aren't the nicest, but if you can get past that USAA will give you all the tools you need to succeed.

Advice to Management

n/a

reviews filtered by
  1. Good pay and benefits, lots of hard work

Current Employee - Senior Member Services Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Member Services Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are friendly, members are the best in the world. Salary is above-average for the insurance industry

Cons

Constantly, chronically over-worked. This is NOT an exaggeration - aside from two 20 minute breaks and a 35 minute lunch, there wasn't a single free second in your day.

Advice to Management

Hire more representatives to lighten the workload, otherwise employee turnover will continue rising. Also, some managers micro-manage to a painful degree, whereas others are great to work for -- please level-set with management.

2. Was the best company I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at USAA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits package is unbelievable. The time off they offer is superb. I would highly recommend anyone interested in working in the insurance field to check this company out.

Cons

You are in a call center all day. It was a bit of a drive for me.. They only have a couple of offices throughout the United States. So transferring to a higher position can be quite difficult.

Advice to Management

I don't think they need as many managers as they do.. The senior represetatives take care of most issue. ITs a wast of money. Money that could go to the people actually taking phone calls.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA