There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Great for the member not so much for the employee

Former Employee - MSR2 in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - MSR2 in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with great people both the employees and the members. Job is very stable and almost impossible to get fired from. Lots of overtime opportunities and shift swapping. Somewhat flexible schedules.

Cons

You have to take a lot of very repetitive phone calls. The phones are always busy which leads to a lot of cancelled team meetings and coaching sessions. They expect you to sell but don't offer commission. The pay isn't anything to write home about. There is only very limited growth opportunity as most managers have worked there for decades and there is very little turnover.

Get rid of RST and don't expect reps to be so scripted because the best phone calls are the ones that aren't scripted. Also look to find ways to motivate reps to sell because currently the only motivation to excel in sales is to avoid being chewed out by your boss.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Place

Current Employee - Junior Military Officer Program in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Military Officer Program in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Family Oriented - Great Benifits - Good people

Cons

If you are in the staff operations side it is a typical 9-5, but the call center is a different story and tenure means everything

None

2. Job can be Difficut, but the Company supports its employees!

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Foundations Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at USAA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that took such time to thank its employees as much as USAA did. They truly appreciated my military background and there are many ways to succeed with them if you are willing to work your way up. The only reason I left was because I had to move to a different state where USAA didn't have a location.

Cons

It is a call center job so you will have those calls in which people aren't the nicest, but if you can get past that USAA will give you all the tools you need to succeed.

n/a