USAA
www.usaa.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Great for the member not so much for the employee

MSR2 (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsYou get to work with great people both the employees and the members. Job is very stable and almost impossible to get fired from. Lots of overtime opportunities and shift swapping. Somewhat flexible schedules.

ConsYou have to take a lot of very repetitive phone calls. The phones are always busy which leads to a lot of cancelled team meetings and coaching sessions. They expect you to sell but don't offer commission. The pay isn't anything to write home about. There is only very limited growth opportunity as most managers have worked there for decades and there is very little turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of RST and don't expect reps to be so scripted because the best phone calls are the ones that aren't scripted. Also look to find ways to motivate reps to sell because currently the only motivation to excel in sales is to avoid being chewed out by your boss.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at USAA

Pros: culture wise it is good. Great benefits Cons: Can't think of any cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

legal

Counsel (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: benefits, campus is nice, salary is acceptable Cons: risk-averse, no new or original ideas accepted, old guard prefers… Advice to Senior Management: employees are closely vetted before being hired for the strength they bring to a position - trust your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on USAA.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USAA CEO Joe Robles Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by USAA employees.