There are newer employer reviews for USAA

excellent company culture.

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Software Developer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA as an intern for less than a year

Pros

great work life balance and amazing coworkers

Cons

lower salaries, tight IT restrictions

find a way to allow developers to have more creative control

781 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Love the company, okay first job. Very repetitive.

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist
    Current Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits are amazing, beautiful place to work, friendly coworkers. Company really practices what it preaches. Incredibly friendly members who love our company as well. An insurance company that loves its members and employees. Education reimbursement is nice too, although a pain to deal with.

Above all else, I believe this is the only financial that I fully stand behind as an honest and reliable financial that strives to truly be there for its members... and that's saying something because it's a bank. USAA is the most moral financial institution and I love the company. This isn't me just saying this either, I really do love the company and if you're eligible I would suggest getting a quote.

Cons

Incredibly repetitive. I've probably added over a thousand cars to people's policies, talked down too many people from cancelling quality insurance over a few bucks a month, been called too many names by angry customers for us not being willing to get them free insurance, lie or do things no company would do... etc. It gets really tiring. This job isn't for someone who wants to get into a role that isn't in customer service like myself. This job is for someone who's okay with being on a phone for 8-10 hours a day, 40+ hours a week doing a repetitive job where they're getting no experience that can transfer to a job that truly is innovating, creating and improving the market. This is a sales job.

Too low of turnover. Without turnover, no room to move up because of lack of opportunities to move up.

Have more opportunities to get entry level experience so call center employees can get out of the call center.

Fantastic

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Top everything across the board

Cons

Phone-centric and very fast apced

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!