USAA

www.usaa.com
  www.usaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

They paint a pretty picture.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA

Pros

the benefits are fantastic, and the people are mostly friendly.

Cons

there's limited mobility within the company, and it takes an act of Congress to get vacation time.

treat employees like people, not numbers.

863 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Either your in or not.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at USAA

Pros

Benefits, peers, bonus, accured vacation time as tenure accrues

Cons

- certain management employees are cold, heartless and truely can take a USAA poster child and turn them against USAA.
    - Actually had a Senior Manager, say infront of certain unit employees... "I would never hire him... never no matter how many times he applied."
         as many times as we were coached to not talk about other employees out in non-confidential areas... specific managers/retired-directors said one thing and would do the opposite.

( I was brand new on the job) I called the manager hotline and got the manager across from my aisle. She answered the phone and placed me on hold for more than 1 minute to hold a personal conversation with another employee. What was so bad is they were laughing and talking about their dogs!!! This manager not even 3 months later saw an employee placing a member on hold to show a another employee their wedding plans in a magazine. She saw them and the agent was placed on corrective action, potentially jeopardizing their bonus.

Like I said ... Do as I say, Don't do as I do.

Oh and one more thing. At least with BOB Davis he kept it real. If he wasn't happy he didn't act like it and put on a front. Gen. Robles, well he is great a warm fuzzies and then stabing you ever so quickly like a ninja in the back. "We will not close. Our financials are strong and we are here to lead the industry."

Well, less than 18 months later... where is Norfolk, VA? 85% closed down.

If you truely mean to empower and produce a real new era type of management style... RETIRE the ones that WON'T change. It really hurts your orginzation and really affects your retention rate.

good place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA

Pros

good place to balance work and family life

Cons

huge company... it is hard to track the contacts

nothing ,...management is very dynamic