I've Never Been Happier!

Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator III in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator III in Plano, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

USAA is the BEST company I have ever worked for. The people are what make this company so great. The work-life balance is good. The benefits are SUPERB! Even better than Microsoft and Google. They believe in and live their mission statement every hour of every day. The work culture is super fun! This company has great core values and plenty of room for promotions. Lots of company activities. Lots of training opportunities.

Cons

Some locations have more benefits than others. Also, they have more advancement opportunities than smaller locations. Being in a smaller location sometimes makes us feel isolated from the company.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Employes are happy and it shows.

Other Employee Reviews for USAA

I Remain Neutral

I worked at USAA full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits and compensation. They treat their employees well overall and encouraging support system for the most part.

Cons

Turning into a call center and growing too fast with not enough employees which is causing them to become similar to their competitors.

Great bank, mixed feelings about them as an employer

Former Employee - Software/Systems Engineer I in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Software/Systems Engineer I in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and a wide variety of possibilities with such a large company. One-on-one meetings with management is a good practice

Cons

Entrenched bureaucracy; highly resistance to change, improvements or efficiency. The experience varies greatly depending on what department or manager you are under. Some are highly supportive of their employees, others not so much. There is a long list of ways you can get fired for simple mistakes

Advice to Management

Managers that are incredibly overworked with special duties themselves have a harder time managing employees. Managers typically have no idea what their employees have done when they write performance reviews. Strive for better management training and oversight and soliciting feedback from employees to ensure a better , more consistent experience; how a manager treats their employees makes the largest difference in job satisfaction.