USAA

www.usaa.com

Best In Customer Service

Director (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsUSAA's strong military tradition resonates through all employees. If you care about those in uniform, working here will put you in good company. USAA isn't top ranked in customer service by J.D. Powers or Business Week for no reason. Employees are treated well and in turn are expected to treat customers in the same way. It is a great place to work!

ConsNo company can be all things to all people and USAA is no different. Reorganizations have frankly become a part of business as usual which may not be comfortable for some. Innovation is NOT nimble due mostly to the number of moving part (business units) and bureaucracy.

For Gen X, Gen Y or Millennial's the culture may feel stifling or rigid.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe workers you have today are not the workers you will have tomorrow. You may not be able to future-proof your workforce, but dedicate time and resources to understand how the workforce is changing.

Limited Opportunity for Advancement

Bank Originations Specialist (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA

Pros: Great Benefits, Competetive Pay, Great Co-workers, Nice Campus Cons: Limited growth potential Subjective review process Poor communication Sales goals too high -… Advice to Senior Management: Set realistic sales goals (20% for exceeds expectations would result in quality referrals, not just a "I have to make my stats this month so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company to Retire

Director (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA

Pros: I like the campus. There are some people who are… Cons: Looks very political to me. Unclear career path. Advice to Senior Management: People should be valued based on what they contribute not by their title.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on USAA.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!