There are newer employer reviews for USABG

Very solid place, great training

Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH
Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH

I have been working at USABG

Pros

Great place, solid management. lots of opportunity

Cons

initial and recurrent monthly expenses, not for someone who has little starting capital.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

reviews filtered by

Left out in the cold

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Florida, Camagüey (Cuba)
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Florida, Camagüey (Cuba)

I worked at USABG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of promises, no substance. Training was mediocre, then the appointment phase, which was kind of obscure as to who or what to apply for. Then you're out the door, wondering what and where to go. No clue as to which leads were the best to purchase and then the website proclaimed that the "better" leads were always sold to the TOP performers and the scrap leads sold to the rest of us.

Cons

Management was literally all for themselves. The weekly sales meeting was all blowing smoke up each others parts and how wonderful they were and so on. The "B" leads were a scam. Understandibly they are "B" leads and be used already. BUT! When you purchase those leads and every loving one of them has already been contacted, at least 10 times, those precious "B" leads aren't worth squat. and thats important went you are running near empty on cash and need, at least a couple out of 100 to pan out.

2. Thanks for giving an "old guy" a shot at this great opportunity!

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker (Program Placement) in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I concur with everything that was previously written about USABG on Glassdoor. I am a retired NYC corrections officer. After I left the force, I wanted a second career so when the opportunity arose to work in virtual insurance with USABG I accepted the opportunity and I have never looked back.

Cons

The position has given me a second lease on life!! The training was a challenge for me. iI had not been in school for over 50 years and the only other schooling that I have done since that time was different certification for my job as a correction officer. I took me time to learn how to navigate the internet platform that the company uses however I am thankful that all of my USABG instructors were patient, detailed and helpful in providing me all the education I need to perform my job.

Advice to Management

Talk to HR and tell them to start recruiting the senior market. There are many people like myself who are older...recently retired and are looking for a second job. A position where you can work from home and sell insurance on online platform to clientele all over of the country is great.
    What’s great is that many of my group the "older crew" worked in industry, finance,, education etc for years so we can use our years of experience when identifying a solution our customers insurance needs.
    Furthermore, know with my bad knee it would be a nightmare driving all over the metro area trying to customers would be impossible. Thanks again for giving me this opportunity.