There are newer employer reviews for USAble Life

It started off great but changed over time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I worked at USAble Life

Pros

The pros to working at USAble Life would be the benefits that they offer to their employees. The insurance benefits, 401K benefits, flex time, and semi-annual incentives are great perks!

Cons

Company is very "clickish," almost high school like. Gossip and favortism are bad amongst management. Promotions are given based off of the "buddy system" instead of an employee's skills, knowledge, certifications, and/or college degree.

Please try to maintain a professional work environment by treating everyone fairly.

9 Other Employee Reviews for USAble Life (View Most Recent)

So far so good

Current Employee - Benefit Consultant
    Current Employee - Benefit Consultant

I have been working at USAble Life full-time

Pros

Benefits and expenses paid. Decent pay if you know how to sell insurance.

Cons

Need a strong training program for sales force. Lots of travel.

More structure and leadership needed. Need to invest in a professional training program. Overall a great company, but still room for improvement.

Growing, Fair, Lovely People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at USAble Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best things about working here are the really decent pay compensation, the work/life balance, and the spirit of my co-workers. People always say hi, and they really believe in and perpetuate the company values and culture. The training I received for my job skills was all inclusive and I actually felt really prepared my first week on the job which is unusual based on my past experiences.

Cons

It's very corporate in it's approach to layout and dress code. All the departments are separated and I think that causes a lot of conflict that could be avoided with lower cubicles and people are the most productive and happy on jeans days and potluck days. Human interaction and comfort really should be considered more carefully. There's also a real disconnect with upper, upper management. I only know the name of the CEO, and none of the higher level execs or VPs because they're never around which is bad for morale and contributes to the island feeling of each department.

Management within departments is spot on but the bigger fish need to get more involved. I know you travel, and you're busy, but your employees don't care about that. Say hi. Tell us what you do besides get paid to not answer our emails.

There are newer employer reviews for USAble Life