USEC

There are newer employer reviews for USEC

Pretty decent company

Current Employee - Engineer III in Piketon, OH
Current Employee - Engineer III in Piketon, OH

I have been working at USEC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for the southern Ohio region with low cost of living, low crime, and quiet neighborhoods, and benefits are good also. Coworkers laid back and friendly. Good training and travel policy, for engineering group at least. Job assignments are somewhat interesting but not as challenging as a national lab.

Cons

There is uncertainty about survival of the company for the next couple of years. Some of the physical structures and buildings are aging. The faucet-water is brown and water-jugs are brought in. Nearest big city is 45 or 90 minutes away, depending on where you live. The area close to the plant is a poor Appalachian.

They might have done a better job in communicating to, and working with, the DOE to secure the loan guarantee in 2009, in order to avoid using this "co-operative agreement" or whatever one calls it. But considering the extreme political motivation of the Obama administration I'm sure not a lot of people could have done better.

15 Other Employee Reviews for USEC (View Most Recent)

Worst mistake ever.

Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portsmouth, OH
    Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portsmouth, OH

I have been working at USEC

Pros

Money is the only thing. They have taken everything else away.

Cons

Privatization was the worst thing they could have done. They just don't care about the employee or will they listen to us. They do what they want and you live with it. It's all about money.

Alot of these people that are there now I have worked with. They have not the knowledge or the mind capacity to work there. To me they should resign and try something more on their level. Maybe a grocery bagger, but I doubt they could do that right either. Just a bunch of educated idiots for most. They know nothing about the jobs. They need to get off their lazy high paid wages asses and look at what's going on.

Good place

Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at USEC

Pros

overall people there are very intelligent; recognize and reward good performances; great pay

Cons

a bit uptight; very corporate; too formal at times;

numbers of hours in the office does not equal quality work; recognize life-work balance for all your employees

There are newer employer reviews for USEC