There are newer employer reviews for USEC

Worst mistake ever.

Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portsmouth, OH
Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portsmouth, OH

I have been working at USEC

Pros

Money is the only thing. They have taken everything else away.

Cons

Privatization was the worst thing they could have done. They just don't care about the employee or will they listen to us. They do what they want and you live with it. It's all about money.

Alot of these people that are there now I have worked with. They have not the knowledge or the mind capacity to work there. To me they should resign and try something more on their level. Maybe a grocery bagger, but I doubt they could do that right either. Just a bunch of educated idiots for most. They know nothing about the jobs. They need to get off their lazy high paid wages asses and look at what's going on.

14 Other Employee Reviews for USEC (View Most Recent)

Good place

Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at USEC

Pros

overall people there are very intelligent; recognize and reward good performances; great pay

Cons

a bit uptight; very corporate; too formal at times;

numbers of hours in the office does not equal quality work; recognize life-work balance for all your employees

Great people and casual work environment that helps to balance out the red tape. Look elsewhere for a challenge.

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Paducah, KY

I have been working at USEC

Pros

Laid back, casual work environment. Not stressful. Management is friendly, and understanding. You don't put in long extra hours. Internal politics are kept to a relative minimum.

Cons

The red-tape is high here. Regulated by the Dept. of Energy, and Nuclear Regulatory Commission, it's very difficult to get much done. You just get used to it after awhile. In Engineering, the work is not very challenging or exciting.

Try to derive methods to give more flexibility to the middle managers, and streamline our internal procedures to accomplish tasks quicker.

There are newer employer reviews for USEC