USG
www.usg.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Very Positive

Military Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at USG

ProsReason for joining was duty to country and the chance to "give something back". That being said, USG provides opportunities to learn skillsets for life, travel, etc.

ConsInflexibility of bureacratic environment; promotion is a matter of "time in grade" vice recognizing someone for individual merit. Trying to staff a new idea or initiative can be like trying to turn a large ship on a dime. Not an easy feet.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the employees to make decisions at the lower level. Many good ideas have died an early death as the weight of the bureaucratic process was difficult to overcome.

Overall "OK"

I have been working at USG

Pros: Good people to work with. Cons: Not very diversified to weather economic hardships. Advice to Senior Management: Do not fear change. More

Fair but limited future.

I have been working at USG

Pros: Opurtunity to move about the country. Opurtunity to learn the business… Cons: Poor business climate currently. Depending on location and product line… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on USG.

Worked for USG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USG CEO James S. Metcalf. All reviews posted anonymously by USG employees.