USG

www.usg.com

Excellent office space and work environment, hit or miss management

Supply Planner (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsReally nice office building. clean, comfortable, and contemporary work environment and work spaces. More than enough meeting rooms from large to small. Tons of natural light from full floor to ceiling windows. My first manager was excellent; he cared about my professional development and career, as well as my person life and well being.

ConsSome managers are much better than others. When I was laid off I was working for a manger that although micro managed, did not understand our teams day to day activities or how they impact the company. My manager also didn't want us thinking outside the confinements of the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the workforce to critique their managers. Give opportunities outside of the employees direct area of work, especially if interest is shown.

USG used to be a GREAT place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at USG

Pros: Great people work here Company provides a lot of opportunites for… Cons: Middle Management in position because of years of service not quality of work no real advancement opportunities several workforce reductions and no Manager,… Advice to Senior Management: Provide career paths Do something about middle management provide at minimum cost… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stuck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at USG

Pros: Outststanding people. Great work-life balance. Perfect location &… Cons: Waiting for housing market rebound. Career and comp on… Advice to Senior Management: Don't wait for the market. Get serious about change.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on USG.

Worked for USG? Contribute to the Community!