There are newer employer reviews for USG

A great place to work and build a successful career, grow, be well compensated, safe, and become part of a family.

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at USG

Pros

Integrity, Opportunity, Safety, Good compensation, Family oriented, Challenging, Rewards creativity, Great location opportunities, Education support, Family Support, Fun

Cons

Cyclical industry, frequency of relocation, little access to Senior Management

Open doors and be more visible. Having worked at corporate for over a year I have yet to be introduced to the majority of the people on the 18th floor.

83 Other Employee Reviews for USG (View Most Recent)

USG is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Paralegal  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at USG

Pros

There are many career opportunities and advancement possibilities. Flexibility in work hours and schedule.

Cons

Construction market is bad right now so there have been several rounds of layoffs.

Communicate more freely when it comes to changes in the company.

Great US manufacturing company,

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at USG

Pros

I was satisfied with USG because the culture was laid back and the potential to move from one functional area to another was great from a development stand point. I always felt like I was treated fairly and management runs a company you can be proud of.

Cons

The downside to working for USG was that it's business is getting hammered by the weak housing market. Management made the right moves to reduce costs in the new environment, but that led to reduced career opportunities for up and comers. I decided to leave instead of waiting in the doldrums.

Dear Senior Management, please give your young professionals more leadership opportunites or more clearly define career development From our view, USG is top heavy with people in the 20+ year range. There will come a day when all of your currnet leaders will need to retire and you will not have a pool of successful candidates, who know the business well, to fill the retirees' spots.

There are newer employer reviews for USG

Worked for USG? Contribute to the Community!