USG

www.usg.com
  www.usg.com
There are newer employer reviews for USG

Worst employer ever, lots of great ideas on employee satisfaction but never implemented or are poorly implemented.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Auburn, WA
Current Employee - Machine Operator in Auburn, WA

I have been working at USG

Pros

The pay and benefits are OK. Really good if you want to work at night and go to college during the day because they will pay for your tuition. Good safety programs, however employees are rarely involved in their implementation which makes everyone unhappy if normal practice has to be changed.

Cons

Too many changes happens on a daily basis, whatever management wants it will be done regardless of what employees think or their input.
Management is so fake, they tell you,
'feel free to tell us your opinions we will listen' but at the same time they avoid those that raise good questions and concerns in the meetings.
The supervisory team is so biased, you cant move up to the next levels unless they like you. No equal opportunities for advancement.

Open your eyes guys (management) we are very unhappy out here on the floor. We won't say anything because of fear of retaliation through layoffs. Think about this, most people have resorted to going back to school while others are investing their hard earned money in buying lottery tickets, as groups, in hopes that they can walk away from the misery. That should tell you how bad people want out but the only thing stopping them from leaving is the money. Compensation alone has never motivated people, remember from your management courses if you took any.
Really won't be a bad job if you just want to go to college and leave after wards, I heard it will be more like a full ride scholarship.

87 Other Employee Reviews for USG (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at USG

Pros

Salary, benefits, highest Quality products,

Cons

Cyclic nature of business makes job security risky

Good job in removing leadership with questionable integrity

review headline for my review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at USG

Pros

Generally speaking there is stability and you will get reasonable compensation increases, to include cost of living increases, every year.

Cons

There is no way to get rid of incompetent employees. Senior management is horrible and lacks any vision for positive change within the organization. You spend most of your day dealing with bureaucratic headaches.

Leave! Engage your employees. Value your employees. Put some effort toward employee development. Have a vision for change and work towards it. Be INNOVATIVE!

There are newer employer reviews for USG