USG

www.usg.com
  www.usg.com
There are newer employer reviews for USG

Good work-life balance, but not a place to grow your career.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at USG

Pros

Very flexible work schedule and good work-life balance. Comfortable, low stress work environment that can make the workplace enjoyable.

Cons

It is an old company where things tend to move very slowly. There is very limited opportunity for merit based career progression. If you have worked there long enough, you will get the promotion and title over someone that is more deserving. You can easily assume a role that is low stress and remain in it for years.

Once the economy recovers, they will need to reinvigorate the organization with an infusion of new, forward-thinking leadership.

87 Other Employee Reviews for USG (View Most Recent)

Great environment, if you can handle a little uncertainty

Current Employee - Logistics Services Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics Services Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at USG

Pros

Low stress environment at the corporate office, commitment to diversity, great coworkers, generous tuition reimbursement, ability to move to different departments or locations to advance your career as opportunities come up

Cons

shaky industry, poor raises in unprofitable years

Keep investing in talent during the downturn

USG worth a look

Current Employee - Retired, Contractor in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Retired, Contractor in McLean, VA

I have been working at USG

Pros

Job security, mission oriented, benefits are better than the private sector, can take early retirement and pursue a second career. I know the government takes a hard rap at times and has a reputation as being mediocre in the way employees respond, but having worked both in government and private sector, I can say I am impressed overall with the professionalism of the government worker that works in the area of homeland security.

Cons

bureacracy, salary is a little lower than in the private sector, but offset by retirement benefits.

not sure.