USI Insurance Services

www.usi.biz

Good place to get your career started with the right management team

Pros

Flexible work schedule (for my department). Competitive salary for my regional market.

Cons

I have seen the uglier components of this company coming from a position with exposure to top decision makers. I have seen excellent talent fired only to be replaced by more expensive less qualified people. I have seen account management fired with no thought as to the client connections made with the employee. Make sure that you are a valuable employee because margins are everything with this company. Your department could be doing well but if corporate decides they need to see a certain margin you can guarentee that head cutting measures wil be put into place. Now with public knowledge of Goldman Sachs looking for refinancing I can't imagine why anyone would want to join the company at this time.

I know margins are important but if you don't do more to reward your employees (aside from producers) I can see excellent talent moving to better opportunities at Marsh, Willis, Brown & Brown, etc.) I've seen plenty of it already.

Other reviews for USI Insurance Services

Middle market roll-up that lacks direction

Pros

Like most places, there are decent people and those who provide value and know their job. I think the senior folks at corporate are, in fact, very knowledgeable and hard working. The newer regime is more data oriented and less relationship oriented than prior leadership. This works well to maximize margins and keep owners happy. The company managed to survive fairly well during the down turn and is now healthier than many of its peers. It's likely to make Goldman a lot of money when it's sold. Since there is lots of turnover, there are always openings.

Cons

There has been such an emphasis on cost cutting that most employees are not well paid and have not received a raise or bonus in years. There is a lot of employee turnover. Not all senior management are suited to the job. Very few employees have equity or long term prospects. The markets that USI sells into are stagnant so it's very difficult to grow sales. Despite being privately held, USI tends to be a short term focused company. Changing ownership every few years makes it hard to build employee trust.

Become an employee or management owned company.

no management competence & stagnant salary

Pros

Great and smart employees and good technologies

Cons

no growth opportunity and stagnant salary.

There are newer employer reviews for USI Insurance Services.

Worked for USI Insurance Services? Contribute to the Community!