UT Southwestern Medical Center
www.utsouthwestern.edu Dallas , TX 5000+ Employees

Horrible! Worst Workplace! Ratings should be Zero!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits and PTO. Doctors convenient if you use them there.

ConsHighly Political. Terrible budgets. No raises. Run by incompetent upper management who lied about many things. Dept. Manager was inconsistent and unfair. Treated people differently within the small dept. Slackers & butt kisser rewarded. Hard workers punished by being forced to do menial work that slackers refused to do. Slacker was allowed to 'work from home' which was totally against all HR policies! Others of us were worked to exhaustion and refused any comp time. Slacker was always out of the office on Mondays & Fridays playing golf while claiming to work 8 hrs. regular time & being paid!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the insanity! Stop lying. Hold dept. managers accountable to setting and enforcing policies & procedures fairly for ALL employees. Get rid of the slackers. Stop working good people to exhaustion.

A reasonable place to work with good opportuniities for advancement

I have been working at UT Southwestern Medical Center

Pros: The work schedule is flexible. Cons: There is not adequate vacation time offered. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Patient care is a distant second to research.

Assistant Professor (Former Employee)

I worked at UT Southwestern Medical Center

Pros: Good benefits, including medical, dental, and retirement. Cons: You won't matter much unless you have a Ph.D. as… Advice to Senior Management: Learn the value of excellent clinicians. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Worked for UT Southwestern Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UT Southwestern Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UT Southwestern Medical Center CEO Daniel K. Podolsky, M.D. All reviews posted anonymously by UT Southwestern Medical Center employees.