UT Southwestern Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for UT Southwestern Medical Center

Research Intern for SURF Program

Former Intern - Research Intern in Dallas, TX
Former Intern - Research Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at UT Southwestern Medical Center as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As a SURF research intern I was given the opportunity to participate and contribute to cutting edge cancer research which was a definite plus for me. My mentor was a graduate student and he taught me a great amount about new techniques and how to do research. The program pays for housing and give you a stipend of 4000$ for the summer.

Cons

If you don't enjoy doing independent research and living the life of a graduate student then this may not be the program for you.

245 Other Employee Reviews for UT Southwestern Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Good benefits, but not a place to "grow"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UT Southwestern Medical Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The medical benefits are great at UT Southwestern and it's convenient to be located so close to the medical offices.

Cons

The culture is very level conscious. People in higher up positions seem to look down on anyone they do not consider to be on their level. The physicians especially but unfortunately it is also that way with the senior staff here. Innovative, new, outside the box thinking is not encouraged and speaking your mind is often punished in my opinion.

Be more open to new ideas and opinions. Even those employees you consider to be "beneath" you have something to contribute to the organization, especially those who come from private/corporate backgrounds. Give your more senior employees a little more autonomy and they would likely be more enthused and productive in the long run.

Great benefits, low pay, difficult to advance

Current Employee - Clinical Data Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Specialist in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement acct), great access to a variety of medical services, lots of CE and training opportunitities.

Cons

It seems like everyone I speak to (except upper mgmt) feels underpaid, annual raises are low, not really much room for professional growth or advancement. I feel like its an environment that tries to keep its employees exactly where they're at for the rest of their lives.

Promote from within more often and think about raising salaries!

There are newer employer reviews for UT Southwestern Medical Center