UTC Aerospace Systems

www.utcaerospacesystems.com
  www.utcaerospacesystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for UTC Aerospace Systems

Great company and great people

Current Employee - Intern in Pueblo, CO
Current Employee - Intern in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at UTC Aerospace Systems part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The working environment is amazing and the people are easy to work with

Cons

I have no complaints. I enjoy my job

216 Other Employee Reviews for UTC Aerospace Systems (View Most Recent)

An employer that doesnt value education!

Current Employee - N/C Milling Machinist in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - N/C Milling Machinist in Riverside, CA

I have been working at UTC Aerospace Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay is ok, some of the benefits are nice, there are neat processes and parts to see. The facility is constantly changing, so there are chances to see and do new things. A great tuition/educational assistance program if you can actually use it.

Cons

Management seems to be a bit disconnected from the work on the shop floor. As a result they constantly downplay the complexity of the work to upper level management, which when something breaks, upper management is unwilling to pay to fix the problems because there is no understanding of why we need anything fixed. Management 2 sememsters in a row have changed my shift forcing me to drop my classes. It can become a losing proposition quickly if you cant finish your classes you have to pay for them. If management will not allow you to finish your classes, you lose your investment of time and money.

We are all there for the same reason, to make a good product, and hopefully advance ourselves in our careers. Listen to your staff, respect their educational needs.

Great Opportunities Available

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Rockford, IL

I have been working at UTC Aerospace Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities are abound for the right people. Decent processes and ACE operating system. Plenty of development programs and challenging assignments. The Goodrich merger COULD create more opportunities.

Cons

Leaders are not focused on leading and developing people, it is all about taking care of their friends and driving people hard to achieve their Exec bonus. Lessons learned are not leveraged they are repeated on program after program.

Develop a true vision for the future. Break the cycle of the same mistakes by listening to the same people that were not successful before. Organization structure outdated.

There are newer employer reviews for UTC Aerospace Systems