Wish W

Former Employee - Business Analyst
Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at UTC Aerospace Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products, great future, great business strategy. Employee morale / ethics/ treatment went downhill post UTC purchase of Goodrich.

Cons

Everybody is just a badge and a dollar amount. Decisions are mainly based on "who you know or who makes the most noise" rather than "what you know and have done".

Advice to Management

They have no clue who are actually contributes how much. Encourages communism and discourages performers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

UTC Has Proven They Don't Care About People

Current Employee - Salaried in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Salaried in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at UTC Aerospace Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are still a few people left from Goodrich that have managed to keep their chin up.

Cons

Going from being treated fairly, being respected as an individual, and presumed to be doing right unless otherwise indicated (Goodrich People Philosophy), to basically being presumed to be guilty, treated like a number, and treated as a cog. If Goodrich wasn't so good, then maybe UTC wouldn't seem so bad. But Goodrich was good and so this transition is not easy for legacy Goodrich survivors. The company funding level of health insurance was cut, placing more of the burdon on the employee.

Advice to Management

You might take your eye off of trying to prove that the acquisition was such a great thing and think about your employees, and the culture that you blew-up when you strode in.

2. Amazing Learning Opportunity for Interns

Former Intern - Systems Controls Intern
    Former Intern - Systems Controls Intern

I worked at UTC Aerospace Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Soon as I got my internship at UTC Aerospace systems I was given a mentor and an unofficial peer mentor who was a new hire and only a year older than myself. This was very helpful as I had the opportunity to learn from someone my age and someone who had been there almost 30 years.

Cons

When I first arrived, there were times at the beginning when I didnt have much direction, however this was not necessarily bad, and made me seek more work.