Great company

I worked at UTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They definitely care about their employees. I received excellent compensation and felt that my skills were appreciated. There were also lots of opportunities to take on interesting projects.

Cons

Like most corporate environments, there were often conflicting priorities which were frustrating to deal with. Often it felt as though we were left to muddle through without a clear direction.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good, because of work life balance

I have been working at UTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work timings are great, fair bit of indepennce to do your own thing

Cons

Bereaucracy. Lack of service support is a huge demerit.

Advice to Management

More focus on profitability

2. Admissions went from a free environment to attempting to enslave employees

I worked at UTI full-time

Pros

Helping students Pay before govt regulation was decent

Cons

Slavery hours 50 + many weekends. Salaried salespeople An environment of freedom with the student disappeared and was replaced with reading scripts Working in a call center (see above) Micro-managing that is filtered down from the higher ups, who have no idea how to effectively do your job No collaboration on campus between departments, i. e. working with complete idiots in financial aid No separation between pure selling and paperwork No employee perks Unprofessional attitudes/philosophies

Advice to Management

Have all management read 'From Good to Great' and reorganize the organization. Pay your supporting departments as well as Admissions so that they 'care' just as much about starting students as you do. $$$ Adopt one selling philosophy and invest in your Admissions staff nationwide Stop expanding programs/locations and maximize the best asset you have, your employees.