UTI

www.uti.edu

Wonderful Employer! Great Company!

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Excellent management. Really listens to their team. Provided all the tools and training to be a successful Admissions Representative. Excellent promotion opportunities, great pay for hard work and results. Felt appreciated and justly compensated.

Cons

Hard work - but for the right person this can be a very fun and rewarding job. Only - and I mean *only* thing is I would have liked a few more vacation days.... Some other similar companies offer more vacation time.

I know there are lots of ups and downs involved with education, financing, etc. so hang in there! I left to pursue a completely different career path and I truly miss this place! Could not ask for a better leader than Kim McWaters.

Other reviews for UTI

Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot

Former Employee - Workshop Facilitator
    Former Employee - Workshop Facilitator

Pros

Worked with existing friends, made some new ones. Great opportunity to work with the students and help them pursue a meaningful career and see success where they may not have.

Cons

Management was awful, just awful. Zero performance feedback throughout the year, and then continually ambushed come review time, with input from managers who literally never saw me do my job. One hostile employee (the other person on my team) routinely bullied myself and anyone else she could, and management refused to do anything about it. Very much an atmosphere where the suck-ups won, regardless of how qualified (or rather, obscenely under-qualified) they were. Layoffs were announced, but the CEO was still taking a mid-six figure salary plus stock options and bonuses.

Actually listen to your employees and value what they do with your actions, not just your hollow words. Set up profit sharing for all full-time employees to encourage engagement with company goals. Build a culture of meritocracy, not on one where the sycophants get promoted and favored treatment.

For profit education sales

Former Employee - Field Admissions  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Field Admissions in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Get to travel and be surrounded by inspiring people. Get to see how the real game of for profit education is played. Insane bonus structure.

Cons

Little to no support must be a total self starter and be quick and creative. Expect to put out multiple fires when coming into a territory.

give people their moneys worth. If you cant figure this out you shouldn;t be in management.

There are newer employer reviews for UTI.

Worked for UTI? Contribute to the Community!