UTI

www.uti.edu
  www.uti.edu
There are newer employer reviews for UTI

My experience with UTI was average because the organization has a politically connected few who drive the organization.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UTI

Pros

The organization truly is looking out for the best interests of their students.
Student training is very good.
The organization has many industry relationship used to build curriculum and job placement.

Cons

Politically charged environment.
Admissions gets too involved in financial aid
Computer systems and systems training is weak
The organization does not value feedback/ideas from employees that come from outside an educational institution.

Value feedback/ideas from employees that come from outside an educational institution.
Get a real financial aid processing system.

80 Other Employee Reviews for UTI (View Most Recent)

UTI was a great company prior to IPO. Gradually, it commenced downward after IPO. Reasonable benefits.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at UTI

Pros

A company provides reasonable benefits. Many dedicated personnel for students.

Cons

The senior management lacks strategic thinking and always on fire fighting mode. Extremely poor communication from the top. Seldom communicate when top person is fired. Changes occur on the basis of knee-jerk rather than rationale. Chaging the world one life a time is company taking point. It is aimed for few selected.

Walk the talk. Don't say or promise when you cann't keep. Improve governance.

UTI Smoke and Mirrors

Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor in Houston, TX

I worked at UTI

Pros

I love to teach!!!! Helping others to learn a trade is very rewarding( those that choose to learn)

Cons

Management displays constant unprofessional behavior towards instructors. I was employed for a number of years, because I believed in the training courses they used. Then it all changed when they changed the curriculum to make more money. They kept raising the tuition, and doing less as far as hands on training.
    The students evaluated each instructor after each class, and, when the kids were upset about the training
    the took it out on the instructor! Then, we would be called in for a conference about the bad job we did!!!!
    They also began to use less and less disipline to correct bad behavior( 18 to 24 year olds) Some were a joy to teach, but with no consequences for their actions, some did not care.Made for some very long days.
    The CEO makes upwards of half a million salary, plus benefits, but the employees have to fight to get maybe 4 percent each year, and that is based on STUDENT EVALUATIONS
    The icing on the cake was when they started to hire people with no automotive experience( this is an auto tech training school) to be managers and deciders of curriculum and training! Glad to be not there!!!!!!
    None of your teaching skills can be used in any other public school, so you have to start over if you go to another school, not what you are told at UTI.

They will not use it, since they know it all!!!

There are newer employer reviews for UTI