There are newer employer reviews for UW Health

Overall a good place to work

Former Employee - Systems Analyst In the IT Department in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Systems Analyst In the IT Department in Madison, WI

I worked at UW Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, stimulating environment, lots of great co workers. Focus on promoting from within. Lots of interesting projects and are always new things to be learned.

Cons

Wish there were part time opportunities, not all full time . They recently eliminated flex time and seem to be less interested in fostering a positive work-life balance compared to previous years....so they seem less interested than they used to be in retaining experienced staff. The ways promotions were handled was inconsistent. Not much upward mobility unless you want to be in management. Often involved in projects that require a lot of extra hours...need to assert boundaries to not get caught up working lots of extra hours.

Other Employee Reviews for UW Health

1. great place for health care research

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Madison, WI

I worked at UW Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good to work in the health care companies. Experiences collaborating with scientists and doctors to help learning new things quickly.

Cons

Senior management needs to be more stable. It may get quite cold in winter, sometimes takes half an hour to dig car out of the snow, so please get an underground parking while living in Madison if possible. Heavy constructions in the UW hospitals area at the present.

Advice to Management

Needs a long time solution for the senior management position.

2. Admissions Department!

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at UW Health full-time

Pros

The department is great to work in. I was a recent college graduate at UW-Madison and I could not have been put in a better place. Graduating from the fine institution I was expecting to make almost 6 figures a year. While no courses at UW actually prepared me for the real world, my expectations turned into goals of the future as I needed to create my solid stepping stone in order to advance through post grad and as a working professional. 1) Working for UW-Health Admissions is interesting especially if you are looking to move towards insurance or healthcare administration this place is right. However, more importantly if you are a recent college graduate, this place will provide the work experience needed considering that it will be professional work experience. 2)The staff in admissions is what makes the department the best. Very supportive and always on the verge of your best interest especially PROMOTION FROM WITHIN!!! 3) The pay is very nice especially the vacation days which you get your first day of work! 4) The flexibility of calling off is amazing (first come first served) 5) Job Security

Cons

You deal with patients and you will get the tip of the tongue at a patients most vulnerable time. Stay calm and understand with empathy!

Advice to Management

Keep up the work!!!