UW Medicine
www.uwmedicine.org Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Typical large bureaucracy, quasi-government type

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at UW Medicine full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGet to piggyback on the good benefits of the university, some of which are unique (class discounts, academic software pricing, campus opportunities), even for half-time employees. Opportunities to work at less-than-full-time positions. Can easily advance through the entire salary range if a classified staff. Many internal training classes.

ConsLow salaries, advance through the range solely at the whim of your manager if professional staff. Generally lesser equipment and software. Bureaucratic. Poor performers, those offering poor customer service - particularly managers, and unethical practices are generally allowed to continue, which can be frustrating, but must be accepted in so far as possible. Difficult at best to advance. The big picture isn't shared. People are generally self-oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent. Encourage promotions from within. Deal with poor performers, poor customer service, unethical practices, particularly those in positions of power. Believe what people tell you vs. always taking management's side. Care about and manage people: many problems are your own manager's doing, generally benign neglect.

It;s a hell-hole = Look Elsewhere

IT Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at UW Medicine full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Pretty much none. The business model continues to disintegrate. Cons: Management favors the psychotic despot. Much departmental infighting. The truly talented don't stay long, … Advice to Senior Management: People/personnel are your greatest and actually your ONLY assest. Try… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging to work is a large bureaucracy

Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at UW Medicine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Access to lectures, classes, top researchers and clincians Cons: Decisions made so far up the food chain-and no input… Advice to Senior Management: Listen more to those who are on the firing line-… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UW Medicine.

Worked for UW Medicine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UW Medicine reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by UW Medicine employees.