The Best Job of my Life

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each city acts as their own startup. You make the best decisions possible for your city as a team. There is no micro-management, no big overhead, and no limiting constraints. HQ empowers you to make the best decisions for your specific city, and it's incredible. I'm obsessed with working here and helping Uber grow.

Cons

Don't work for Uber if you're not willing to miss major holidays like New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, etc. This is the time when we are the busiest. It's really not that big a deal--you can still celebrate with your coworkers, and it's kinda fun.

Also, if you don't like to work hard (and work smart), then Uber won't be a good fit for you. They're seriously only looking for the best who really believe in the company and want to help continue its growth.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable with taking (calculated) risks, and doing things that have never been done before, you should steer clear of Uber. Our culture supports bringing new and innovative ideas to the table from every city around the world.

Stay awesome, stay inspirational. You guys rock.

Other Reviews for Uber

Great work place at least at HQ. Different cities and driver might have a very different experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was surprised about the amount of smart to very smart people working here. The company culture makes it so everybody learns from each other, and at least for my software engineer position, it makes the job much more interesting. Compensation is not competitive for the bay, but people bet on the stocks, and if you believe in it, it is a game changer in comparison with higher salaries you could get somewhere else.
    My favorite part is that most people ( if not all ? ) are truly passionate about what they're doing here and we thrive with the belief that we're making a difference for people.
    Perks are better than what they sound like during the interview.

Cons

This company requires a LOT of work. I'm not talking about startup like, you will get emails at any time of day or night, week days and weekends. Some of them you will be expected to respond. It looks fine for most people because everybody is very involved in what they're doing, so most people don't seem to care, but I wouldn't be surprised if some burn out quickly.
    The company is also growing at a fast rate, which makes it difficult to know if things are still gonna be as good in the future ( so far so good though... )

Make sure to control our growth internally to pursue our external growth properly.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Driver  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Driver in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work when I want, make over $500 a week with less than 20 hours of work. Great for college students.

Cons

Customers rate you and sometimes rate wrong or unfairly. I wish there was a way to know in advance how many people I am picking up at one time.

Please add a tip option for the Cleveland, OH area

There are newer employer reviews for Uber.

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!