There are newer employer reviews for Uber

The Best Job of my Life

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each city acts as their own startup. You make the best decisions possible for your city as a team. There is no micro-management, no big overhead, and no limiting constraints. HQ empowers you to make the best decisions for your specific city, and it's incredible. I'm obsessed with working here and helping Uber grow.

Cons

Don't work for Uber if you're not willing to miss major holidays like New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, etc. This is the time when we are the busiest. It's really not that big a deal--you can still celebrate with your coworkers, and it's kinda fun.

Also, if you don't like to work hard (and work smart), then Uber won't be a good fit for you. They're seriously only looking for the best who really believe in the company and want to help continue its growth.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable with taking (calculated) risks, and doing things that have never been done before, you should steer clear of Uber. Our culture supports bringing new and innovative ideas to the table from every city around the world.

Stay awesome, stay inspirational. You guys rock.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Uber (View Most Recent)

One week down, liking this

Current Employee - Uber X Driver  in  West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Uber X Driver in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

My schedule. I drive an Uber X. That means I get the calls for a basic car service. I can limit when I work and where I want to work.
    Customers so far have been excellent. No lie. Each one (including a pair to PHL and a group of 5 to home to crash), was polite, some even funny. It's a great way to meet people and a great way for customers to decide whether to interact or just chill and listen on my ANC headphones to their music.

Cons

Scared of ratings. No way to know what went wrong if the ride seemed fine. Getting dinged using stars tells me nothing at all.

Give the drivers some more info. Nothing personal, just tell us, in summary, what the rating was for if a comment was left. I would have no idea how to fix anything if I do not know what IT was that went wrong for the customer.

Better communication. Podcasts and text blasts are all well and good, but let us have some one on one time too. I'd like to meet my employer, can't see that happening.

Incredible company! The world's best job

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Uber for about a month now as a customer service rep. There isn't a lot of info about this new role online, so hopefully this helps! Taking this job was one of the absolute best decisions I have ever made; I get to work from home 100% of the time, I pretty much get to make my own schedule, the work is enjoyable, and management rules!

You can really judge a company pretty heavily on how their leadership team asks, I have experienced nothing but positivity from my manager and from all of the senior people who work for corporate. Work-life balance is incredible. I finally have time to engage in my hobbies and spend time with my family. I am no longer exhausted from my daily commute when I get home! I can see myself with this company for a long time. Other perks include:

-Occasional Uber credits for free rides
    -Uber swag
    -Weekly paychecks/direct deposit!
    -A dream schedule! Wanna work nights? Work nights! Mornings? You've got it.

Cons

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in my opinion, but obviously this role might not be for everyone.
    -Benefits are terrible, mainly because they're through another company.
    -Salary is a bit low and everyone is issued the same rate.
    -No paid time off, paid holidays, or vacations. Again, one downside to being apart of a brand new team.
    -Everything is done remotely from trainings to timesheet. If you aren't tech savvy this is not the job for you.

Keep up the good work! Offer more opportunities for promotion/growth and please get better benefits for us :).

There are newer employer reviews for Uber

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!