Uber

www.uber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Uber

Uber is an amazing company to work for

I worked at Uber full-time

Pros

Uber is an amazing brand, and a company that's disrupting the transportation industry
The people you work with on a daily basis are very talented
There are some cool perks (like subsidized gym membership and free Uber)

Cons

There really aren't many cons... Perhaps pay could have been better, and you will have to work "startup hours" (although they're nowhere near what bankers have to put up with).

421 Other Employee Reviews for Uber (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Not big enough to be a big company but not small enough to be a startup anymore.

Intense and fast-pace adventure, with a tech culture grounded in the real life

Current Employee - Operations and Logistics Manager
    Current Employee - Operations and Logistics Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Uber is the best company to work for I can think of : the speed of everything is incredible, yet we thrive to get all the big things and the little details right in order to build the best service possible, at the largest scale possible.
    The teams are really impressive, both in terms of human experiences / personal stories and in terms of intellectual power. Never have I been so stimulated in a professional environment. And everybody is so passionate by the job that the feeling is more one of a huge community than a corporate work, even with our size nowadays. Each city is managed like a small start-up, with a lot of latitude in terms of local operations, but with all the support a global organisation can provide in terms of processes, tools, finance and best practices. Best of both worlds !

Cons

I don't really see any cons in my current position, if I really wanted to write something, I would say that since each city/market is it's own little start up, you won't get to travel a lot when you're in the operations team because each team is focused on its city. But this is just a beginning and cross-city teams are beginning to appear

There are newer employer reviews for Uber