Uber

uber.com

I love working with Uber. It’s the greatest company I’ve ever worked with.

Logistics and Operations Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsUber is a startup that inspires us to work in eager want – we don’t work because we’re getting paid, we work because in our hearts and minds, we want Uber to grow and be incredibly successful.

We debate till 4 am about who our next hire should be, in heated arguments, because we are a family. When we hire someone, they become part of that family, and our Uber family is nothing short of incredible.

Imagine a company wide international “workation”, where instead of staying in a posh hotel and holding conferences and seminars, you split into small groups of 10-15 people, airbnb a big house in places like Stockholm and Melbourne, & eat, sleep, work, and party together as a team. That’s family.

Imagine a job where you directly (read – personally know and) help thousands of people each year. Drivers who used to work in unbelievably terrible conditions to provide for their families can now earn more income and enjoy a better living by partnering with Uber. Female drivers, who were previously shunned in this industry, now feel safe (no cash) and confident (zero discrimination) while driving their car. It’s great knowing I’m working with a company that empowers drivers to feel safe and earn a livable wage.

Imagine creating a more efficient city, where riders no longer waste gas in their own cars, where drivers are directed using a computer algorithm to pickup and drop off passengers in the most efficient way possible, and where pollution in a city actually decreases because consumers are making smarter choices. Imagine being empowered by an entire engineering team that constantly listens to your feedback, and builds tools to make you more exponentially more effective than you were yesterday.

Imagine delighting customers with surprise "Ubercades", or making them cry with joy when they receive an on-demand barbershop quartet song and roses from their beloved.

Imagine reducing the number of deaths that occur due to drunk driving. Imagine the sadness prevented, the lives saved, and the future memories created because people are making more responsible decisions and leaving their cars at home when they drink.

And Imagine being part of a team so wickedly focused, so incredibly smart, that you have to pinch yourself weekly to realize how lucky you are to be a part of this culture forming, industry disrupting, pollution eliminating, customer delighting, DUI preventing “company”. But it’s not a company. It’s a community, and it’s way of life.

ConsIf you can't hustle, you'll have a hard time succeeding here. Be ready to work hard and put in the hours to help grow this once in a lifetime opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys rock. Thanks for keeping us focused, and thanks for letting us innovate on a city-by-city level.

Each city feels like it's own startup, and it's great. Also, thanks for the big-picture vision, and for keeping us excited for the future.

Uber is an amazing company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Uber full-time

Pros: Uber is an amazing brand, and a company that's disrupting the transportation industry The people you work with… Cons: There really aren't many cons... Perhaps pay could have been better, and you will have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great company with a lot of interesting problems to solve. Cons: Not big enough to be a big company but not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Uber.

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!