The most challenging yet rewarding job I've ever had

Current Employee - Community Manager
Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

All city teams are run as little startups. There is no limit to what you can achieve and the company gives you free rein. You get to work with the smartest people from around the world, on a daily basis. There is no 'politics' at this company, just exceptionally motivated people trying to improve how people around the world move.

Cons

Trying to change the world with a small team can be demanding. Be prepared for the (Uber) ride of your life if you join this company. Hyper growth and hyper scalability require hyper focus and hyper commitment. There is no going home at 5 and you will always need to be closing deals.

Other Reviews for Uber

Really Unique Company/Growing Pains/Loving it

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Smartest people. Hard workers. Immensely passionate group. Fun people. Growing like crazy. Believes in its cause. Get to watch a company transition to scale. Young.

Cons

If work life balance is super important to you...might not be the best role. Ironing out some transitions to scale. Salaries aren't high but options are the attraction for most. Could use more executive level management. Sometimes push people a little hard (though i love this too).

The Best Job of my Life

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each city acts as their own startup. You make the best decisions possible for your city as a team. There is no micro-management, no big overhead, and no limiting constraints. HQ empowers you to make the best decisions for your specific city, and it's incredible. I'm obsessed with working here and helping Uber grow.

Cons

Don't work for Uber if you're not willing to miss major holidays like New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, etc. This is the time when we are the busiest. It's really not that big a deal--you can still celebrate with your coworkers, and it's kinda fun.

Also, if you don't like to work hard (and work smart), then Uber won't be a good fit for you. They're seriously only looking for the best who really believe in the company and want to help continue its growth.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable with taking (calculated) risks, and doing things that have never been done before, you should steer clear of Uber. Our culture supports bringing new and innovative ideas to the table from every city around the world.

Stay awesome, stay inspirational. You guys rock.

There are newer employer reviews for Uber.

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!