There are newer employer reviews for Uber

Uber is a great startup company. Uber gives an opportunity to those unemployed or looking for additional income.

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Uber Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

Car depreciation. The more a driver works the more miles add up on his vehicle.

Management communicates very well. The drivers know exactly what is expected.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Uber (View Most Recent)

Brilliant ride sharing concept, but drivers and their cars are not treated well by Uber and most riders.

Current Employee - UberX Driver  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - UberX Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- Being able to choose own hours.
    - Being able to drive without being noticed by traditional taxi drivers.

Cons

- Faulty app that provides wrong address most of the time. Sometime the client is 10 minutes away from the address provided.
    - Flawed rating system; The client can give you the bad rating because you were late due to the wrong address provided by the Uber app.
    - Ubder takes $1 from every trip as rider fee. For regular weekdays, you make $5 as minimum fare, Uber take 20% of it which is $1 and takes another $1 for "riders fee" so you actually make $3 from the trip, which took you 10 minutes to get there 5 minutes to wait for the client and another 10 minutes to get them to their destination.
    - Unpaid Cancellation; There are several instances where I was very close to the client and they cancelled the trip. Uber does not pay you anything for the cancelled trip. You loose your time, gas, and mileage.
    - Airport Trips; I get a lot of requests to go to airport, which is about 30 miles from downtown Denver. Clients cannot request Uberx from the Airport, so I have to come back to downtown to get another client, which means drive another 30 miles without pay. The total fare from downtown to the airport is about $45. Let's do the math now. Ubder takes 20% ($9) Riders fee ($1) and the price of the gas for 60 miles is around $10.50. So the total for the driver is (45-9-1-10.50)=24.50 for driving 60 miles and spending more than an hour.
    - The busiest time is Friday and Saturday after midnight when most, if not all the riders are drunk, angry and aggressive. Sometimes, 6-7 people try to get on my small car. When I said "No" they kicked my car and took off. I could not even rate them as I had to cancel the trip.

Uber is an app based business, your app does not work properly, FIX IT!!!!
    Find a way to compensate UberX drivers who make a trip to the Airport or enable them to say "sorry, I cannot go to the airport, you have to call Black Car, which is going to be about $70 more than my car"
    Charge for cancelled trip strictly so that drivers get compensated for their time, gas and mileage.

Not a win-win

Current Employee - Driver  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Driver in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Make your own schedule, offers a unique working experience

Cons

They make money hand over fist and yet find it necessary to rip drivers off. Customer service needs proper training

Be transparent with driver promos, train your customer service reps to actually fix issues

There are newer employer reviews for Uber

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!