There are newer employer reviews for Uber

A fast-paced, motivating environment where everyone hustles

Current Employee - Community Operations Manager
Current Employee - Community Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is not only committed to the vision of the company, but they're committed to discovering that vision in cases where we're dealing with new territories or fresh projects for the business. The culture is experimental, empowering, and everyone in the room is smarter than you. If you see a gap or have an idea for how to optimize a process, you can act on your solution if you can justify why it's worth trying. Push back is always solicited and no one worries about stepping on toes -- it's all good, because we all know that the best idea wins. You're privy to a great deal of data and knowledge about what the company is up to, which creates a real sense of buy-in and ownership over what we're building.

Cons

As expected, it's a fast-paced environment. You feel like you're constantly behind, so you need to know how to channel that stress into motivation and productive energy. Work-life balance is tough, but it's because everyone loves the cool things they get to do so much that they don't want to stop doing them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep the culture transparent, keep the trust among the employees, keep empowering us to run with our ideas. Be more vocal about encouraging us to take time to focus on our health, wellness, and life outside of Uber every once in a while.

reviews filtered by

Its what you make out of it

Current Contractor - Driver in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Uber as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Own Hours
    Decent Pay
    High Demand

Cons

Correct the Rating Sytsem
    Correct the Pay-Out System

Advice to Management

Change your rating service -

You can make money, but you have to pay attention...

Current Contractor - Uber Partner in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Uber Partner in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Uber as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

"Flexibility" is the buzz word. IF you already have a main job, and just want some extra cash then UBER can be a decent opportunity. You have to work the system though. There are several expenses that people don't take into consideration which is why I recommend using UBERX to supplement your income. In a major city like Dallas there are always concerts and other opportunities to take advantage of surge pricing.

Cons

There is a disconnect between partners and the company. Recently they sent out an email giving drivers less than 24 hours notice to turn in their UBER phones to avoid the 10/per week charge. I have friends that drive and well all receive different text blasts and emails. I understand they are trying to stay "lean" and shaping the market as they grow but there are a lot of things that are unclear to new drivers. If you don't pay attention you can actually end up losing money. frequent short trips, and trips way out of surge areas cut on the drivers bottom line. Plus the new "discounted" rates. You can make money, but you need to pay attention.

Advice to Management

Instead of focusing on rapid expansion work on getting a solid base. Like many have said, you are going to lose good drivers to your competitors if you don't start showing a little more care/appreciation.

There are newer employer reviews for Uber