There are newer employer reviews for Uhlig

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Uhlig

Pros

Growing and very innovative company

Cons

Time off policies could be much simpler

reviews filtered by

Treated like children.

Current Employee - Proofreader in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Proofreader in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Uhlig

Pros

I only had to work two weeks out of the month.

Cons

Extremely controlled environment. Could not use Internet to look up information. We had to use dictionaries. We couldn't talk to each other without getting looks or talked to. The supervisors sat high up on desks so that they could keep an eye on everyone to make sure we were working every second. We were told there were cameras watching us also which creeped me out. Overall, it felt like we were in jail and that we couldn't be trusted. It very much felt like a "them vs. us" atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as adults and pay them what they're worth. If you're going to pay for all those background checks and extensive interviewing, trust that the people you hire are going to do a good job without you having to watch them every second.

2. The Most Advanced Code in Kansas City

Current Employee - Software Developer III in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Software Developer III in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Uhlig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work in the Medical Division at Uhlig where there's plenty of opportunity. It is quite a bit different than what other reviewers have mentioned about Software Development at Uhlig. We are using ColdBox MVC for ColdFusion with ORM, ExtJS, NodeJS, Git, along with Atlassian Tools - Jira, Confluence, and Stash. Our team builds APIs for mobile apps too. This is a demanding position where we are writing code that ultimately helps Cancer Patients.

If your focus as a Developer is on your code, improving your skills, and working in an Agile environment, you could thrive on this team. What keeps me at Uhlig is the people I work with, I feel valued, I am learning, and I get to work with the most advance code I have seen in Kansas City. Uhlig has been a sponsor and supporter of the ColdFusion Community in Kansas City for years. There is no doubt that this is one of the most advanced software development shops in Kansas City.

The turnover rate for developers is not what other reviewers have speculated. Most of the developers have been at Uhlig from 3 to 10+ years. Developers get percs other employees don't get, because we are valued. We want to build our team with energetic, creative, people, who are self-starters and get high quality results.

If you've interviewed at Uhlig before, come back and give it another shot to join the Medical Division. If you write CFML, or Sencha ExtJS, this is the place to be, using the best frameworks and delivering some of the best products in the Medical Industry.

Cons

Whatever cons there may be, every company has them, and if you're patient long enough, things will change.

Advice to Management

Keep managing, I'll be having a ball writing code.

There are newer employer reviews for Uhlig