Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals

Engaged Employer

Like family

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Westminster, SC
Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in Westminster, SC

I worked at Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at the Westminster, SC facility for a short time. Everyone there was incredibly welcoming. The training I received was adequate for me to excel quickly in my position. Furthermore, I felt the compensation I was given was fair. People there spoke about the Ulbrich family as if they felt they really cared about the company and their employees.

Cons

There was some shifting in organizational roles while I was there. It was my understanding that the supervisor previously over my department was a terror. I may have just been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals Response

Nov 17, 2014 – Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your kind words.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in North Haven, CT

Pros

The people in the company are very good people and create a pleasant work environment. The Ulbrich's do take a genuine interest in their employees.

Cons

Sales department is very disorganized. Training at the sales desk level is non existent. One is left to figure it out. Then later told you are not meeting metrics set forth for the department. None of this discussed in "training". No feedback given within first 90 days (good or bad). Only at review was anything discussed.

Advice to Management

Provide feedback throughout the initial 90 day probationary period. If something is done wrong, address it right away. Do not wait for 90 day review to address problems. Your communication really sucks.

2. Glad they made management changes

Former Employee - Process Engineering in Westminster, SC
    Former Employee - Process Engineering in Westminster, SC

I worked at Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals

Pros

Very good bonus system. Very good people (Operator and Supervisors) They would do anything for you.

Cons

Senior and Corporate level management very good but out of touch with plant level leadership.Plant or factory level management showed favoritism and "The good old boy network" did not treat everyone fairly. No concern for safety. Very poor communications and no advancement opportunity.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people on the floor. They are making the money for the company. Pay attention to what the Plant Manager/Director of Operations is doing.