Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasant Prairie, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Uline

Pros

Gorgeous Building and upkeep of offices, Benefits, Perks, Bonuses

Cons

Dress Code, Hours, Location means a commute if you want to live in a bigger city (Milwaukee or Chicago)

Value efficiency/productivity in employees not hours.

Other Reviews for Uline

If you prefer money and benefits over personal job satisfaction, this is the job for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Uline

Pros

Great benefits. The company really puts emphasis on wellness and convenience for corporate employees. Bonus programs are awesome and everyone is included. Pay is competitive in some aspects and well beyond competitive for others. The company rarely fires employees or lays them off, so job security is high. Great job for people who do not care about moving up professionally.

Cons

Micromanagement is key for all job positions. Very few people have only one boss and often your job performance is monitored by managers not remotely associated with your department. There are unspoken rules about nearly everything - from your dress to your "hours worked per week" to your word usage in reports to your outspoken opinions. They rarely promote from within and when they do it is rarely on the basis of skill.

Develop your employees. You hired them for a reason. Stand up for yourselves and have vision. Do not think that money and perks can make up for good management.

Uline

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Uline

Pros

CSR pay is very competitive for the industry.

Cons

Managers take micromanaging to a new level. We are treated like we are in kindergarten, it is unbelievable. Giving errors and COWS (customer ordered wrong) and other metrics used are ridiculous. It could be a nice place to work if they didn't breath down our necks.

We understood accuracy is key for customer satisfaction and success, but passing out errors and cows like tictacs inhibits moral. Turnover will be very high when the economy improves.

There are newer employer reviews for Uline.

Worked for Uline? Contribute to the Community!