Uline

www.uline.com

Relatively high pay, but not really worth it

ProsUline is very detail oriented and really follows through on taking care of the customer. The business model is outstanding, and has kept the company growing even in a down economy. There are year-end bonuses. The educational assistance program is the most generous of any company I have heard of. Warehouse pay is generally higher than other companies.

ConsThe company is privately held and has some obsessive-compulsive issues. Metrics cover everything, but they are not logically developed and can never be changed except by executive decision. The president requires a say in even the most trivial of decisions. Employee input is solicited but immediately disregarded. There is no upward or even lateral mobility, you will generally stay in the job you were hired for regardless of your qualifications. Nearly all positions are filled from the outside. The company is focusing on the future, but this translates to only hiring people in their 20s. Morale is generally low. The company is now proud to state that nearly half the employees have been with the company for over five years. However, it should be noted that back before the economy took a nose-dive, three out of four new hires would quit before they worked there twelve months. Micromanagement is beyond description.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe president claims she is looking to step down. This must happen for the company to meet its long term growth objectives. The company cannot meet the next milestone without improving the efficiency of the operations, which will not happen under the current regime.

Blah

Warehouse Management Trainee (Former Employee) Brampton, ON (Canada)

I worked at Uline full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very little..close access to the 407etr Cons: very mismanaged, and no one seems to know what it… Advice to Senior Management: retrain EVERYONE! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An elephant in the room

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Uline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Bonuses -PTO -Training -Clean work environment -Benefits -Positve experience among peers Cons: -Micromanagement -Destructive criticism vs constructive criticism -Overuse of the phrase in its entirety 'throwing under the bus' -Unqualified management -Unhealthy working envioroment -Overanalyzing and magnifiying minor mistakes -Poor use of language… Advice to Senior Management: See above. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Uline.

Worked for Uline? Contribute to the Community!