Uline

www.uline.com
  www.uline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Uline

A great place to work very strict procedures but you always know whats expected of you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Uline full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Family like atmosphere. Great leadership.

Cons

Strict dress code and rules.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Uline (View Most Recent)

Not a good idea

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Uline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay that is the best part do have a 401 K program also comes with full benefits as well.
    Some of the managers are extremely down to earth as well.

Cons

Say you will work minimum overtime on average do an hour to 2 hours. extreme micro management. can't control the growth they are getting. Fire random people for no reason when they are short staffed. Hire people that physically can't do the job. Drug test mainly the minorities they hire.

care about your employee's for once

Washington Branch Warehouse - Great company, poor management

Current Employee - Warehouse in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Uline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, year end performance bonus, year end profit sharing, clean & safe environment, walking club with gift when goals hit, weight loss contests with money prizes, and more.

Cons

I have never seen such low morale. Employee unhappiness is not taken seriously. For example, the entire whs leadership team is unhappy with one person in management and regardless of complaints, no one in corporate is addressing the concerns or trying to fix it.

OT is not allowed for hourly support staff and opportunities are rarely given for people to earn it on the weekends. I've seen people work off the clock because they're afraid of not getting their work done and afraid of getting OT and getting in trouble.

There is limited growth. You can move around in departments but for leadership, that's as far as you can go. If you're interested in doing a shuttle to get your name out there, don't bother. Apparently "our branch is too small" so he won't allow it.

Do something to fix the leadership problem in the Auburn warehouse. People are leaving because of it and you would be surprised at the number of people looking elsewhere. Don't just sweep it under the rug because the owner's preference. If you did a truly anonymous survey, you would find out just how unhappy people are. Due to past circumstances, people are afraid to say anything.

Build people up. Encourage growth. After only three years, we are bored and not seeing any career opportunities and we are not receiving any encouragement or help from management.

There are newer employer reviews for Uline