There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Poor Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Bolingbrook, IL
Current Employee - Software Developer in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company, good people to work with, competitive salary

Cons

Relentless pace, company pushes and pushes to the point of burning people out. Provides very little training for IT staff.

Create a culture people want to be a part of not want to leave because they are burnt out.

742 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

If only Corp knew the TRUTH!

Current Employee - Punching Bag  in  Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Punching Bag in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, discounts, continued education, working with some of the best people in AL, Great Customers , 401k , great company on corporate level, paid vacation, sick days, personal days, time off for death in family, and knowing they will be around for the long haul.

Cons

Corporate is out of reach for employees that started working here because they believed in the company and what they thought it stood for. If we really had the all mighty open door policy then employees wouldn't feel so abused after telling in house management or even better the DM about a problem. The downside to this company is that they spent so much time and money on a rule book that is worthless unless a manager needs it to use against you to cover her tracks. I work in a store that was opened without even 1 person who came from already working with the company. We all know this was a Huge mistake! Well I'm sure corporate doesn't because from what we see everyday we are pretty sure lazy, rule breaking, unprofessional, unruly, and unmanageable employees are to blame for low #s or customer complaints! Funny how all we see is management sitting in the office, huddled around the store, or anywhere else they can find to talk about employees like we are still in middle school and they are the perfect elite bullies! Its very sad when you see a store that could make Ulta's top 10 without a doubt being put down / kept down by a ever changing management team that is unqualified for a snow cone stand much less a company that is on the top list in USA for up and coming companies. Mobile AL isn't the Ulta it could be. I love this company but HATE this location! But don't be fooled by smoke and mirrors! I know what your thinking .... We have tried calling the DM, employee hotline, even our DM's boss the HR manager for our district and I could still PROMISE you that Corporate has not one clue that anything is wrong down here in AL .... if anything .... they think they have an Amazing management team that has it horrible because they have a worthless, uneducated, and blah blah blah staff.

Check your GM! Has it not crossed your minds that we opened in Nov 2011 and are now on our 2nd across the board turnover on our management team. Possibly 3rd on some parts. Its a Great store, location, and customer / employee base but nobody in Mobile has ever had a chance to tell you all the truth because when someone tries we are blocked or even better written up or mistreated so it tarnished our record so if by any chance we ever did get a chance to tell you the truth they could discredit us with our employee file they personally have the ability to RUIN!!! DON'T TEACH AND PREACH WHAT we learn and know by heart if YOU are NEVER going to LIVE IT!

Get a second job if you wanna work here only management gets decent hours.

Current Employee - Task Team  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Task Team in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros

All the coworkers are friendly and nice. Its like a family working there
    Task team dosen't have to deal too much with customers since duties are done before and after store hours
    Occasional gratis
    Very good at advancement within the company. All the managers started out in lower positions.

Cons

You dont get alot of hours. Your lucky to get 10 hours a week and thats a good week if you don't get a lot of shipment you just end up with 4 or 5
    . The job decription says your supposed to be trained to know cashier duties (which is mainly why I applied since the cashier positions were filled) none of us have been trained at all.
    This is a nice second job, but not a place you wanna work for your only job. I quit my previous job thinking I was gonna get hours and I had a rude awakenig I went from making over 800 dollars a month working 25-30 hours a week to making 100-150 bucks a month. It really caused a lot of problems for me. So if you work here make sure you have a second job.

Give your employess decent hours and maybe morale will improve and people will enjoy working there and give your task associates more oppourtunites to be involved in store contests and activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!