There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Great Place

Former Employee - Task Team in Mesquite, TX
Former Employee - Task Team in Mesquite, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Just a great place, ran by great people, great company. I loved it- training in one day, very thorough. decent pay. Managers were very polite and sharp- on their toes about budgeting, their employees needs, and the stores future. My manager, assistant manager, and person in charge of our team were driven, professional, kind, and spirited, loyal people. I never worked so hard that I resented it, but I was always busy and bustling about. Different opportunities based on your commitment and performance.

Cons

Lack of hours after holiday season when budget dips and builds back up.

Keep doing what you are doing because this has been a very great experience for me.

reviews filtered by
  1. I worked there to sell make up, but I was mostly put to work cleaning and acting as a security officer.

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (more than a year)

Pros

25% employee discount on everything in the store. I loved playing with all of the makeup and making women feel beautiful. I also really enjoyed getting free products and samples. You can wear almost anything as long as it is black and white.

Cons

Weekly two hour meetings were mandatory for prestige consultants. There was a lot of theft and the managers would expect me to go stop the thieves like I was a security guard.

Get a security guard.

You can not be serious!

Former Employee - Manager in Port Chester, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Port Chester, NY

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Staff, Location was OK not the best

Cons

Didn't rec proper training
    Corporate personnel is rude.
    District Manager is not of use. She doesn't assist new managers and provide the tools they need to run an effective business.
    Hired any and everyone that applied with or without proper skills and knowledge

If you're looking to work with a company that doesn't support or care about it's people, this is the place. Do yourself a favor and don't apply. If you have to just do what you need to because no one is going to guide you. Especially in NY

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty