Great Place

Former Employee - Task Team in Mesquite, TX
Former Employee - Task Team in Mesquite, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just a great place, ran by great people, great company. I loved it- training in one day, very thorough. decent pay. Managers were very polite and sharp- on their toes about budgeting, their employees needs, and the stores future. My manager, assistant manager, and person in charge of our team were driven, professional, kind, and spirited, loyal people. I never worked so hard that I resented it, but I was always busy and bustling about. Different opportunities based on your commitment and performance.

Cons

Lack of hours after holiday season when budget dips and builds back up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because this has been a very great experience for me.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Never work at Ulta

Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25% off Retail Discount
    50% off Salon Services

Cons

*Bad Managers

*little working hours

*they don't hire cleaning crews so you mop and sweep, while the managers count money all the way up until midnight

*brow bar is a rip off they wax off almost all of your eyebrows, and then fill them back in with a $30 kit
    and don't just think your getting your brows done, there gonna talk you in to buying at least 3 products fo $40 or more

*you can't tell the customers the truth about products,they actually tell everyone to lie.

* they hand out coupons for things customers don't want

* and if you want to make money you have to lie to get people to sign up for allure & glamour magazines (PEOPLE ALWAYS GET MAD AT YOU WHEN THEY GET CHARGED)

*You have to make customers wait for lead cashier or manager (and this always takes forever) if a customer needs a return or exchange. And if you've ever worked retail, this is a big pain.

Advice to Management

Learn how to Manage

2. I worked there to sell make up, but I was mostly put to work cleaning and acting as a security officer.

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

25% employee discount on everything in the store. I loved playing with all of the makeup and making women feel beautiful. I also really enjoyed getting free products and samples. You can wear almost anything as long as it is black and white.

Cons

Weekly two hour meetings were mandatory for prestige consultants. There was a lot of theft and the managers would expect me to go stop the thieves like I was a security guard.

Advice to Management

Get a security guard.