There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

I worked there to sell make up, but I was mostly put to work cleaning and acting as a security officer.

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Lubbock, TX
Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

25% employee discount on everything in the store. I loved playing with all of the makeup and making women feel beautiful. I also really enjoyed getting free products and samples. You can wear almost anything as long as it is black and white.

Cons

Weekly two hour meetings were mandatory for prestige consultants. There was a lot of theft and the managers would expect me to go stop the thieves like I was a security guard.

Advice to Management

Get a security guard.

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

HORRIBLE!!!!!

Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Arlington, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers and managers, allowed me to work part-time while attending school, the discounts

Cons

Not enough hours pay isn't that great A bit stressful Unruly GM who came off as a bully Let go for no apparent and full length reason NO diversity AT ALL in employees Crappy break room Mainly everything I don't understand how they could hire me and about 15 other employees, but I go in not even a week later, and out of the 15-20 people they had only 2 were working there, and left on schedule, but a whole new crop of girls from other stores and new hires were there working. why not use the people you already had?

Advice to Management

GM, start to treat your employees with a bit more respect, yelling and snatching things from them and having them feel less than is hurtful, it does not help your case when you have the entire team giving you stink face for your attitude. Be nicer and more respectful. Also allow employees to get more hours, do rotations if necessary.

2. It may take time to really get good hours. Be sure to have a second job if your entry level

Current Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to be around makeup Management is very nice Beauty Events come frequently No sales goals

Cons

Huge disconnect with corporate they are out of touch with what's going on with the stores Only 25% discount Not a lot of gratis Really annoying customers Don't get many hours so its not a good idea to have a nother part time job so your not struggling too much

Advice to Management

Get a clue on what goes on in stores and stop giving unreasonable goals