Ulta Beauty

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Used to be better...

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

25% employee discount, 50% discount on salon services, close early on Sundays, awesome coworkers, managers get a monthly bonus, annual employee review

I really loved my coworkers. They made coming to work fun. I was a manager and we got decent benefits and a guaranteed 40 hr/week.

Cons

ULTA turned corporate a couple of years ago and its been downhill sense, crazy holiday hours, always cutting hours, too much work placed on certain employees, A LOT of theft. New corporate people have never worker in an ULTA store and made a bunch of bad changes. It is impossible to get everything done with the manpower they give you.

The employee's satisfaction at work is almost entirely up to you. Corporate does NOT know what they're doing and I wish my manager would have stood up to them. I had a bad boss and this seems to be the trend with the people corporate is hiring to run their stores.

972 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Hair Stylist

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

25% discount, getting salon services for free (as a salon employee), 401K

Cons

Horrible hours, too many DEALS, coupons, and discounted services...VERY money hungry company.

Horrible training and leadership by upper management.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time

Pros

Met alot of nice employees. Good exposure to lots of different brands of make up and skin care. If you like make up, it's a good place to work.

Cons

horrible training from general manager. basically gives you a huge handbook to read and take a quiz everyday for 2 weeks. by then you are expected to know everything. too much of typing up daily reports when your prersence is needed on the sales floor. Could never make a suggestion without the GM asking it in a written action plan form.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty