There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

great training, great beginner job

Current Employee - Skin Therapist in McKinney, TX
Current Employee - Skin Therapist in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

-Learn a lot about makeup, hair, products, and trends. -Great discount -Wonderful training at IDI for skin therapists -Great job to get some experience for hair stylists and skin therapists

Cons

-It's hard to hit numbers sometimes -Lack of advertising for arch experts and skin therapists

Advice to Management

-More advertising and support

Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Great Place

Former Employee - Task Team in Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Task Team in Mesquite, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just a great place, ran by great people, great company. I loved it- training in one day, very thorough. decent pay. Managers were very polite and sharp- on their toes about budgeting, their employees needs, and the stores future. My manager, assistant manager, and person in charge of our team were driven, professional, kind, and spirited, loyal people. I never worked so hard that I resented it, but I was always busy and bustling about. Different opportunities based on your commitment and performance.

Cons

Lack of hours after holiday season when budget dips and builds back up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because this has been a very great experience for me.

Never work at Ulta

Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25% off Retail Discount 50% off Salon Services

Cons

*Bad Managers *little working hours *they don't hire cleaning crews so you mop and sweep, while the managers count money all the way up until midnight *brow bar is a rip off they wax off almost all of your eyebrows, and then fill them back in with a $30 kit and don't just think your getting your brows done, there gonna talk you in to buying at least 3 products fo $40 or more *you can't tell the customers the truth about products,they actually tell everyone to lie. * they hand out coupons for things customers don't want * and if you want to make money you have to lie to get people to sign up for allure & glamour magazines (PEOPLE ALWAYS GET MAD AT YOU WHEN THEY GET CHARGED) *You have to make customers wait for lead cashier or manager (and this always takes forever) if a customer needs a return or exchange. And if you've ever worked retail, this is a big pain.

Advice to Management

Learn how to Manage