There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Decent part-time job for high school or college student

Former Employee - Cashier in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good employee discount, especially during the holidays.
Easy work that does not require a degree.
You get a chance to play around with the tester products.

Cons

Minimal pay.
Angry customers that don't read the fine print on their coupons.
Dealing with theft.

Advice to Management

Proofread and spell check the memos that you send to the stores, because they are oftentimes filled with mistakes, which makes the company look unprofessional.
Make sure that the store managers actually give the gratis to the subordinates - some managers are greedy and hog the free stuff for themselves.
Try to incorporate more high-end vendors, such as Makeup Forever, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, or Inglot.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It was ok!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were good when I first started working there. Then with all the major turnover it wasn't the same. Good customers after the years. (because you get to know them)

Cons

It's a slave drive at times. Upper Management doesn't have a clue. They dont care about anything but the stupid money. Screw the employees when they work there butts off through the holiday season. What for a few free donuts every once in awhile WHATEVER!! Forget it who needs it.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to work a regular 8 hour shift at one of the stores and then they will understand how much really goes on. And whats up with hiring managers rom the outside? Promote within.

Used to be better...

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

25% employee discount, 50% discount on salon services, close early on Sundays, awesome coworkers, managers get a monthly bonus, annual employee review

I really loved my coworkers. They made coming to work fun. I was a manager and we got decent benefits and a guaranteed 40 hr/week.

Cons

ULTA turned corporate a couple of years ago and its been downhill sense, crazy holiday hours, always cutting hours, too much work placed on certain employees, A LOT of theft. New corporate people have never worker in an ULTA store and made a bunch of bad changes. It is impossible to get everything done with the manpower they give you.

Advice to Management

The employee's satisfaction at work is almost entirely up to you. Corporate does NOT know what they're doing and I wish my manager would have stood up to them. I had a bad boss and this seems to be the trend with the people corporate is hiring to run their stores.