It was ok!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were good when I first started working there. Then with all the major turnover it wasn't the same. Good customers after the years. (because you get to know them)

Cons

It's a slave drive at times. Upper Management doesn't have a clue. They dont care about anything but the stupid money. Screw the employees when they work there butts off through the holiday season. What for a few free donuts every once in awhile WHATEVER!! Forget it who needs it.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to work a regular 8 hour shift at one of the stores and then they will understand how much really goes on. And whats up with hiring managers rom the outside? Promote within.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Used to be better...

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

25% employee discount, 50% discount on salon services, close early on Sundays, awesome coworkers, managers get a monthly bonus, annual employee review I really loved my coworkers. They made coming to work fun. I was a manager and we got decent benefits and a guaranteed 40 hr/week.

Cons

ULTA turned corporate a couple of years ago and its been downhill sense, crazy holiday hours, always cutting hours, too much work placed on certain employees, A LOT of theft. New corporate people have never worker in an ULTA store and made a bunch of bad changes. It is impossible to get everything done with the manpower they give you.

Advice to Management

The employee's satisfaction at work is almost entirely up to you. Corporate does NOT know what they're doing and I wish my manager would have stood up to them. I had a bad boss and this seems to be the trend with the people corporate is hiring to run their stores.

Never work at Ulta

Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25% off Retail Discount 50% off Salon Services

Cons

*Bad Managers *little working hours *they don't hire cleaning crews so you mop and sweep, while the managers count money all the way up until midnight *brow bar is a rip off they wax off almost all of your eyebrows, and then fill them back in with a $30 kit and don't just think your getting your brows done, there gonna talk you in to buying at least 3 products fo $40 or more *you can't tell the customers the truth about products,they actually tell everyone to lie. * they hand out coupons for things customers don't want * and if you want to make money you have to lie to get people to sign up for allure & glamour magazines (PEOPLE ALWAYS GET MAD AT YOU WHEN THEY GET CHARGED) *You have to make customers wait for lead cashier or manager (and this always takes forever) if a customer needs a return or exchange. And if you've ever worked retail, this is a big pain.

Advice to Management

Learn how to Manage