Ulta Beauty

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

You can not be serious!

Former Employee - Manager in Port Chester, NY
Former Employee - Manager in Port Chester, NY

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary, Staff, Location was OK not the best

Cons

Didn't rec proper training
Corporate personnel is rude.
District Manager is not of use. She doesn't assist new managers and provide the tools they need to run an effective business.
Hired any and everyone that applied with or without proper skills and knowledge

If you're looking to work with a company that doesn't support or care about it's people, this is the place. Do yourself a favor and don't apply. If you have to just do what you need to because no one is going to guide you. Especially in NY

826 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

It was ok!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were good when I first started working there. Then with all the major turnover it wasn't the same. Good customers after the years. (because you get to know them)

Cons

It's a slave drive at times. Upper Management doesn't have a clue. They dont care about anything but the stupid money. Screw the employees when they work there butts off through the holiday season. What for a few free donuts every once in awhile WHATEVER!! Forget it who needs it.

Upper management needs to work a regular 8 hour shift at one of the stores and then they will understand how much really goes on. And whats up with hiring managers rom the outside? Promote within.

Used to be better...

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

25% employee discount, 50% discount on salon services, close early on Sundays, awesome coworkers, managers get a monthly bonus, annual employee review

I really loved my coworkers. They made coming to work fun. I was a manager and we got decent benefits and a guaranteed 40 hr/week.

Cons

ULTA turned corporate a couple of years ago and its been downhill sense, crazy holiday hours, always cutting hours, too much work placed on certain employees, A LOT of theft. New corporate people have never worker in an ULTA store and made a bunch of bad changes. It is impossible to get everything done with the manpower they give you.

The employee's satisfaction at work is almost entirely up to you. Corporate does NOT know what they're doing and I wish my manager would have stood up to them. I had a bad boss and this seems to be the trend with the people corporate is hiring to run their stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty