Ulta Beauty

Pros25% off Retail Discount
50% off Salon Services

Cons*Bad Managers

*little working hours

*they don't hire cleaning crews so you mop and sweep, while the managers count money all the way up until midnight

*brow bar is a rip off they wax off almost all of your eyebrows, and then fill them back in with a $30 kit
and don't just think your getting your brows done, there gonna talk you in to buying at least 3 products fo $40 or more

*you can't tell the customers the truth about products,they actually tell everyone to lie.

* they hand out coupons for things customers don't want

* and if you want to make money you have to lie to get people to sign up for allure & glamour magazines (PEOPLE ALWAYS GET MAD AT YOU WHEN THEY GET CHARGED)

*You have to make customers wait for lead cashier or manager (and this always takes forever) if a customer needs a return or exchange. And if you've ever worked retail, this is a big pain.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to Manage

I worked there to sell make up, but I was mostly put to work cleaning and acting as a security officer.

Prestige Consultant (Former Employee)
    Lubbock, TX

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros: 25% employee discount on everything in the store. I loved playing with all of the makeup and making women feel beautiful.… Cons: Weekly two hour meetings were mandatory for prestige consultants. There was a lot of theft and… Advice to Senior Management: Get a security guard. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

You can not be serious!

Manager (Former Employee)
    Port Chester, NY

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time for less than a year

Pros: Salary, Staff, Location was OK not the best Cons: Didn't rec proper training Corporate personnel is rude. District Manager is not of use. She doesn't assist new managers and provide the… Advice to Senior Management: If you're looking to work with a company that doesn't support or care about it's people, this is the place. Do yourself a favor… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees.